Starting the process of implementing digital data rooms for business automation, managers have to face some difficulties. However, some issues can be avoided if you approach the choice of the software correctly and use some criteria. Here is more about it.
Virtual data room: what does it offer?
There are many solutions for business automation, from complex cloud programs to the most straightforward spreadsheet in MS Excel. The choice depends solely on the desire of the manager and the size of the business. Automation programs like virtual data rooms (VDRs) must have specific functionality, i.e., functions through which tasks will be performed. But besides this, the system must be flexible and repeat the very structure of the business.
The VDR platform is designed to automate work with documentation. It allows you to speed up the preparation of contracts and documents, eliminate errors and inaccuracies, and therefore conclude more transactions over the same time.
What to pay attention to when choosing a VDR?
The modern IT market offers various digital VDR solutions for automating business operations. To narrow the circle for selection, you should focus on the following criteria:
- Simple and clear interface. Users do not need to be distracted by various buttons and numerous system features. It is desirable to simplify the work as much as possible. Employees of different ages should understand the interface of the program;
- Ability to manage security. The program must guarantee the safety of data and its confidentiality. Each of the employees should have access only to the information that he needs to perform his tasks;
- Editing history. It is essential to see which of the employees and at what time changed the data in the system. It will allow you to restore events when there are problems with the client. Previous versions of the documentation should be retained so that they can be restored if necessary;
- Function customization. Initially, it is impossible to consider everything that is required for work. In most cases, refining a service is a long and expensive process. If the system allows you to create cards with the necessary fields on your own, this is a great advantage;
- Availability of a mobile application. It is a solution that allows you to interact with customers and resolve other issues when working remotely outside the office. Such a program is also helpful for managers since it will enable you to control the workflow at any time, manage employees and solve other tasks remotely;
- Support form. The best option is if technical support is in touch online and responds for a maximum of 10 minutes. Specify this point in advance in each of the tested services because at the start of work; you will have to contact technical support more than once;
- Availability of a free trial period. It is a massive advantage of the service. After all, you will be able to evaluate its functionality, and check how convenient it is to work in the system.
- Built-in business process management subsystem for configuring the routing of document types. Any organization is a living organism. And the faster the supporting systems, which naturally include VDR, can respond to changes in the processes of this organism, the more effective it will be. It is necessary to ensure that this subsystem is sufficiently functional and flexible.